The Diocesan School for Girls and St Andrew's College
~ Makhanda (formerly Grahamstown), Eastern Cape ~
The Diocesan School for Girls and St Andrew's College in Grahamstown (Makhanda), Eastern Cape, invite applications for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
To Commence: September 2019 OR January 2020
We are looking for an accomplished musician and teacher with passion, creativity, vision and leadership.
The successful candidate will:
- hold a Degree in Music (Postgraduate qualifications would be an advantage)
- have a proven record of inspirational leadership in an educational environment
- lead a diverse music staff, and work collaboratively with the management teams of the schools
- love teaching boys and girls, and will create a stimulating environment for their musical talents and expression to flourish
- have overall responsibility for the academic music programme of the schools
- have overall responsibility for the extra-curricular music programme ,which includes a diverse range of instrumental and vocal ensembles and alternative examinations, festivals and competitions
- promote the involvement of the Music School in the spiritual, theatrical, marketing and community engagement dimensions of the schools
- have strong administrative, organisational and planning skills
- have excellent people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including staff, parents, other schools and the media
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post.
An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview.