Protea Heights Academy
~ Cape Town, Western Cape ~
Protea Heights Academy high school opened its doors to Grade 8 and 9 learners on 21 January 2015, and has since made history every day.
Situated on the eastern edges of the Cape Town Metropole, this dual medium school of the Western Cape Department of Education has a very specific Maths and Science focus. The Protea Heights community is very proud of a school that has been a dream of the community for many years. After construction started in 2013, the community watched with great excitement as first the building and then the staff and learners grew to a school which after only one year of operation built a formidable reputation of excellence.
While the main focus of the school is academic achievement, the committed and energetic principal and staff of the school has quickly achieved considerable success in establishing a balanced extramural programme which includes sports, culture, community involvement and heaps of fun for the learners.
The school has modern facilities and educational technology which positions it well to be a hub for e-learning and advanced teaching in Maths and Science and to empower its learners for global competitiveness.
Come join us on our exciting journey, be part of making history - every day.
START DATE 1 OCTOBER 2019
Protea Heights Academy seeks to appoint an energetic and highly motivated 'hands-on' individual to be responsible the financial recording and reporting of the school.
Necessary Qualifications / Experience
- B. degree in Accounting or higher or CIS
- Be SA Citizen or have Permanent Resident status
- No criminal record – Police clearance certificate required
- Have at least 5 years recent accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Experience in SAGE and PAYROLL and SARS/UIF
- Excellent skills in MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Meticulous, accurate with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have a valid driver's license and their own transport
The successful candidate must have proven experience in preparing and completing:
- Management reporting packs for presentation to Finance Committee
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Statutory returns
- Monthly Income statement & Balance Sheet
- Monthly, Quarterly & Annual reports
- General administration tasks
- Debt collecting & debtors book
- Preparation for annual audit and liaison with auditors
- All tax related submissions
- Monthly statements to Customers (Parents)
- Quarterly returns for WCED
- Bank reconciliations
- Develop and monitor the yearly Budget
- Cash Flow statement
- Cash control, Banking
Working hours 7h30 to 16h00.
This is a School Governing Body position
Only suitably qualified candidates should apply no later than Wednesday 31 July 2019.
The school and its SGB reserve the right not to fill this position. An application does not necessarily entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from us by 30 September 2019, then your application was unsuccessful