The Private School Swakopmund is an integrated and innovative institution which caters for teaching and learning in small classes. Throughout our students are prepared for a global university education or a practical career. Our Primary Phase has an English and a German stream and tuition is in these two languages during the Grades one to seven. English is the medium of instruction in the High School section. German is a compulsory subject for all students.
The PSS has a fully committed staff who provides experienced subject and career development, especially for new teachers.
The following position is currently available:
SCHOOL GROUND COORDINATOR
- This person should be active and engaged in our school.
- This position can be adapted to a part-time and flexi-hour post.
- The Executive School Ground Coordinator's responsibility and authority will include:
- Supervision of housekeeping and gardening employees;
- Plan and assign work tasks and duties in this department;
- Provide employee training and guidance;
- Audit and inspect the cleaning procedures;
- General maintenance and upkeep of the school buildings and grounds;
- Ensure health, safety and security procedures are kept;
- Coordinate the cleaning services for school functions on the school premises;
- Maintain school furniture inventory register;
- Keep, control and order of cleaning supplies and materials;
- Budget control in this department.
Working hours, conditions and remuneration to be discussed and negotiated.
Starting date: 22 May 2017.