St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys' and girls' schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
The Junior Prep is known as the Gateway to St Stithians College and offers co-ed education for Grades R to 2. Our Christian values and innovative curriculum provide a strong foundation for life and learning. Children are encouraged to explore their unique talents in our nurturing and supportive environment.
Locum Class Teacher - Grade 1
The College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available between 1 February 2018 and 4 May 2018.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience, specialising in Foundation Phase education
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
- A passion for teaching and an understanding of the development of young girls and boys
- Computer literacy and an interest in integrating IT into your teaching and learning
- A fundamentally future-orientated approach to teaching and learning
- An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, cocurricular activities and pastoral approach
- Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender's clearance certificate
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Peter Place | Lyme Park | Sandton | 2191 Private Bag 2 | Randburg | 2125 | South Africa
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an
interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted