Maritzburg College Old Boys' Association (MCOBA)
~ Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal ~
In its nearly 120 years of existence, the Maritzburg College Old Boys’ Association (MCOBA) has played a prominent role in not only fostering an esprit de corps amongst thousands of Old Collegians (OCs), but it has also helped and guided successive headmasters and governing bodies in the making of certain key decisions and the formulating of key policies that affect our great alma mater.
Maritzburg College is quite unique in the loyalty and sometimes out-and-out devotion that it manages to engender in many of the scholars who pass through its venerable buildings. For such men, Maritzburg College is not a school, it's a way of life.
The Maritzburg College Old Boys' Association is looking for an experienced Administrator / Public Relations Officer to be the primary point of contact for the association at the association's head office based at Maritzburg College in Pietermaritzburg.
The successful incumbent must be able to manage, research and oversee all matters relating to the association, including the management and co-ordination of events and the continual upkeep of the database as well as maintaining open, professional communication channels with all stakeholders.
Minimum Requirements: -
- Matric Certificate
- Driver’s Licence
- A keen interest in – and appreciation for – the heritage and character of Maritzburg College
- Precise, organised, ordered and neat
- Good communication and literary skills, including the use of social media
- Computer literate, and proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Some experience in / willingness to learn about database management / CRM
- Basic bookkeeping / budgeting skills
- Must be prepared to work some evenings or over weekends when required
MCOBA reserves the right NOT to fill this position. An application does not necessarily entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.