Pretoria Boys High School
~ Pretoria, Gauteng ~
Pretoria Boys High School is a traditional boys school located on an 85-acre campus southeast of the city centre. Established in 1901, it is one of the oldest schools in the province. With an enrolment of around 1500 pupils it is the largest boys’ school in South Africa. The school prides itself on maintaining exceptional standards and this is illustrated through our ethos of holistic education based on the fundamental pillars of a full academic, cultural and sporting programme. PBHS is a public school with additional funding generated through school fees. Three boarding houses provide accommodation for over 300 pupils.
This leading English-medium South African state boys school has a vacancy for a fulltime, permanent Afrikaans First Additional Language Teacher. (School Governing Body position with effect from 31 March 2020 or earlier by mutual agreement)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for all positions:
- Appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. Candidates must have a minimum qualification of either a four year B Ed degree or a suitable degree and a PGCE.
- Valid registration with SACE is essential.
- Previous teaching experience is highly recommended.
- Candidate should be able to teach all Grades from 8 to 12.
- Teaching, assessment, planning and preparation for all classes
- Tutor (Register) teacher responsibilities
- Must be involved in the extra-mural programme
- Will be responsible to fulfil all other reasonable duties required of a teacher
State clearly what extra-mural activities you offer the school in addition to your teaching role.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change