Jeppe High School for Boys
~ Johanneburg, Gauteng ~
Jeppe High School for Boys is Johannesburg's oldest public school having been established in 1890 in Fairview, Johannesburg. As noted in the book Historic Schools of South Africa "perhaps more than any other Johannesburg school, it reflects the history and the changing character of the city and has always been a melting pot for children of diverse socioeconomic, language and cultural backgrounds".
Recognised as one of South Africa's Op 20 boys' schools, the defining characteristics of the men it produces often centre on the principles of loyalty, honour, and friendship. Jeppe's ability to shape the character of boys into men is its greatest success.
Jeppe High School for Boys has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced teacher in the following academic role. The starting date of the appointment may vary, subject to the availability of the preferred candidate but would ideally be for the start of the second academic term (as per the Department of Basic Education calendar). Where possible, the candidate may be appointed to a Gauteng Department of Education position.
Senior Business Studies Teacher
Requirements for the position:
- The successful candidate must have at least three to five years of teaching experience and should be innovative, technologically able and willing to play a full and significant role in their department, potentially even as Head of Department.
- Applicants would ideally have experience teaching to Grade 12 level as a Business Studies educator.
- Newly qualified teachers will not be considered for the position currently being advertised.
- The successful candidate will be passionate about their subject and teaching as a profession.
- Jeppe High School for Boys is committed to employing outstanding classroom educators who are also prepared, and are expected, to contribute significantly to the extra-mural and pastoral life of the school.
- All applicants must be SACE registered and may be required to provide evidence of this before any interview takes place.
- Experience within a similar school would be an advantage but is not essential if other criteria are met.
All applications must include:
- A detailed CV
- A covering letter
- The names and contact details of at least two references - one of which must be the headmaster / headmistress of current employers (where applicable).
- SACE Registration number.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The appointment of candidates is at the discretion of Jeppe High School for Boys. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens or persons with a valid work permit only. An application will not in itself, entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. The School reserves the right not to proceed with filling this post.