PIETERMARITZBURG GIRLS’ HIGH SCHOOL
~ Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal ~
Pietermaritzburg Girls’ High School is a leading school for girls, which provides education from Grade 8 to Grade 12. The school has consistently been rated as one of the Top 25 Government Schools within South Africa. The school was founded in 1920 and continues to provide an outstanding education for young women in the academic, cultural and sporting fields.
As a school, our mission is to promote human dignity and equal opportunity, the maximum freedom of the individual within the context of the maximum good for all, excellence according to the talent and interest of each person, a sound set of values, service, a respect for community and environment, a commitment to the search for truth, the acquisition of knowledge and the development of skills.
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
6 MONTH FIXED-TERM CONTRACT POSITION (JUNE - NOVEMBER 2021)
We are looking for someone to assist in the Marketing and Public Relations Department who is a team player and dedicated to provide an excellent and professional service to the School, learners and the Department of Education. The incumbent must promote the School’s reputation as an outstanding school for girls, both academically, and in terms of all-round development as well as enhance and protect the Pietermaritzburg Girls’ High ‘brand’, which is associated with long-term integrity and a commitment to educational excellence. The incumbent will report to the Executive Management team.
General description of the position
The incumbent will oversee the coordination of all marketing and public relations activities within the school which include, but are not limited to:
- GHS Corporate Identity
a. Ensure that all communications both internal and external are in keeping with the GHS corporate identity
- Media, Communications and Advertising
a. Website management
• Continuously maintain and update the GHS website
b. Print Publications
• Create and maintain relationships with newspapers and print magazine publications.
• Create and submit content to newspaper and various magazine publications on a regular basis
c. Social Media
• Monitor and update the various GHS social media sites
d. Design Work
• Design various graphics (slideshows, brochures, internal posters, adverts, flyers, invitations) for events and publications
e. Editorial Work
• Create school newsletters on a bi-termly basis
• Collecting and collating of subject, society, sport, cultural and photographs for the school magazine
- Functions Coordinating
a. Project manage and arrange logistics for all functions at the school (i.e. by creating invitations, sending invitations, submitting articles to the press, taking of photos, arranging flowers/draping etc.)
Applicants would need the following personal attributes:
- A friendly and approachable demeanour, a positive, cheerful disposition and a ‘’can do’’ attitude. An enthusiasm for team work is essential.
- An ability to take initiative, and responsibility for tasks, and be accountable as needed.
- A methodical and organised approach to work.
Necessary qualifications and skills would include:
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree and/or diploma would be the minimum requirement.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a Marketing position
- Excellent design, organisational, project management and computer skills are essential.
- Energy and creativity.
- An ability to think strategically and to plan effectively.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills.
- An ability to be a self-starter and work well independently as well as collegially.
- High standards of integrity and reliability.
- A thorough knowledge of contemporary marketing methods including an ability to utilise modern technologies to market effectively.
A remuneration package will be provided that is commensurate with the position, taking into account the candidate’s relevant experience and qualifications.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 MARCH 2021
Pietermaritzburg Girls’ High School reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you have not been contacted by the school within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
We thank you for your interest in our school.