“Today’s thinking child is tomorrow’s achiever”
~ White River, Mpumalanga ~
Uplands is an Anglican, innovative, co-educational, independent school located on an extensive estate in White River, close to the Kruger National Park. We are committed to providing quality education to day (Grade 0000 – Grade 12) and boarding pupils (Grade 4 – Grade 12).
Uplands School is a member of the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) and the Anglican Board of Education (ABE) and offers examinations set by the Independent Examination Board (IEB).
Fixed Term Music Teacher (Preparatory)
Commencement date: 05 April 2021
Uplands seeks to appoint a passionate and dynamic Music Teacher, whose strengths will lie in good verbal and written communication as well as being an energetic, analytical and results-driven teacher.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess a suitable professional qualification, a PGCE or equivalent qualification will be an advantage.
- Have relevant music teaching experience and previous experience in an IEB school will be a distinct advantage.
- Have the ability to play and teach the piano.
- Be able to and have experience in teaching music theory according to the ABRSM syllabi.
- Be able to assist with the school choir.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills, and experience in organising music events.
- Be willing to perform with ensemble groups within the department at special occasions.
- Possess the ability to accompany chapel worship on the piano, as well as leading hymn singing sessions.
- Be innovative, embrace technology in the classroom and have a positive attitude along with genuine passion to make a difference in the pupil’s lives.
- Be willing to participate in and understand the value of team work within the organisation and the extra-curricular program.
- Must be SACE registered.
Please use the reference: Prep Music Teacher
Closing date: 08 March 2021
Uplands is an equal opportunities employer. Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and Uplands reserves the right not to make an appointment.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.