~ Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape ~
Legacy House is a small cottage high school opening in Plettenberg Bay in 2022.
With the current shift away from traditional, mainstream schooling, the face of education is changing. Parents are becoming more and more concerned about their child's educational needs. At Legacy House, we are re-envisioning education. Education is brought to life at Legacy House Cottage School. Education is far more than a syllabus or a textbook. Each child is taught the way they learn, using an interest and child led approach.
Legacy House in Plettenberg Bay is built on the belief that every child is important. Every child's voice deserves to be heard; and every child should be guided to success.
Exciting opportunity for teachers!
We are looking for passionate, qualified teachers to join our team.
We are looking for to fill the following post:
Natural Science and Technology (Gr 8 - 10)
Teachers should focus on selecting and developing skills in students for specific career paths.
Examples of common duties and responsibilities include:
- Professional teaching qualifications with SACE registration.
- Must have a passion for education and be willing to engage learners in person for development and/or enrichment.
- Establishing and enforcing rules of behavior for students in the classroom
- Preparing lessons, units and projects to complete learning objectives
- Establishing and communicating clear objectives for lessons, units and projects
- Adapting teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of students
- Encouraging students to explore learning opportunities and career paths
- Creating, assigning and grading various assessments for students, including tests, quizzes, essays and projects
- Working with students one-on-one when they need extra help or attention
- Responsible to perform all the duties associated with that of an academic teacher.
- Incorporate the schools values into daily teaching.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, assertive and fair.
- Excellent in administration and classroom management.
- Excellent communicator and good mentor.
- Computer literacy is imperative.
Please clearly state in the subject line of your application email which position you are applying for.
The school reserves the right not to fill this or any advertised position. An application does not necessarily entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.