Future Nation Schools - Fleurhof Campus
~ Johannesburg, Gauteng ~
Future Nation Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Project Based learning model students in South Africa. Future Nation Schools is a mission-driven, and innovative organization looking for ambitious and energetic people to join our team.
Handyman – Fleurhof Campus
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Position Purpose: The Handyman will be responsible for the upkeep and repair duties including maintaining and identifying the need for repairs to of the entire school.
To be an effective handyman, you will be skilled and hard-working, with outstanding problem-solving abilities. Skillful hands, good physical stamina, and strong technical knowledge are important parts of the successful candidates’ talents.
- Perform basic tasks including painting and filling crevices, tidying up of the facility after repair works and managing maintenance repairs.
- Perform repairs on company machinery, equipment or appliances.
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
- Respond to maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems.
- Conduct performance assessments of company appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens and coffee makers.
- Provide clients with support and guidance on maintaining their equipment.
- Conduct self in a professional manner
- Promote the culture of the Future Nation Schools to the staff, scholars, parents and the greater community.
Qualifications and experience:
- Good communication skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Handyman, this would include the replacement, repairs of all building components where applicable.
- Electrical fault finding and repair skill up to the DB Box.
- Plumbing works up to the mainline.
- Painting skills.
Qualities and Values
- Determination: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision alignment: Understanding of and passion for the Future Nation School’s mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self-reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- Creative and Innovative
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality (very important)
Position Type: Full Time (7:30am- 16:30pm, Monday – Friday)
The following checks will be conducted by the company:
- Police Clearance
- Sex offender register
- National child protection register.
The school reserves the right not to fill this position. An application does not necessarily entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.