ST BENEDICT'S COLLEGE
~ BEDFORDVIEW, GAUTENG ~
St Benedict's is an Independent Catholic School which seeks to provide a holistic education for boys through full participation in spiritual, academic, sporting, creative and cultural activities.
The Board of Governors invites applications for the following post in the College.
Position: Head of Boarding
Job Purpose: The establishment and maintenance of a safe, happy and positive boarding house atmosphere; promoting the safety and welfare of all residents; supervision of boarding staff, pupil discipline and stimulating the development of educational, social and personal growth programs.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 5 years' experience as a Head of Boarding or in a similar position
- Academic teaching experience would be advantageous
- Ensuring the boarders day to day needs are taken care of whilst ensuring that all boarding rules and procedures are adhered to
- Creation of an academic environment conducive to academic productivity and reasonable life
- Hosting regular boarding meetings with boarding staff, boarding leaders and boarding pupils to discuss community living concerns
- Supervision of duty staff, their daily responsibilities and creation of duty staff roster
- Budget oversight and responsible for future boarding capital projects
- Ensuring that daily routines and duties are carried out by duty staff
- Ensuring the grade tutorship between the masters and pupils is conducted and reported on regularly
- Compilation and maintenance of an accurate roll of the boarders
- Providing fair, consistent and compassionate pastoral care for the boarders
- Conduct disciplinary enquiries and/or hearings as required in the event of a boarding rule transgression
- Creation and oversight of themes and educational, grade appropriate workshops for the year
- Responsible to the grade 8 boarding orientation program
- Liaison with the catering/cleaning manager to ensure that suitable standards are maintained
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety protocols including regular maintenance checks
- Must be SACE Registered
- Be willing to participate in the Catholic Ethos of the School
Skills and Competencies:
- The ability to multi-task and take charge of difficult situations
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong emotional intelligence
- A sound work ethic and ability to use initiative
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
Applicants should be able to commence duty in January 2022
St Benedict's is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. The Board reserves the right not to make an appointment. The submission of a C.V. will in itself not automatically qualify the applicant for an interview. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks from the closing date of this advert should assume their application was unsuccessful. Only interviewed candidates will be advised of the outcome of the interview.
Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act Disclaimer: Your CV and personal information will be used solely for the purposes and processes associated with this application and this data could be used for statutory reporting. The submission of your CV confirms your consent to this. We hereby confirm that we will ensure that your data is protected.