APEX PRIMARY SCHOOL
~ CAPE TOWN, WESTERN CAPE ~
Apex Primary School is a new no-fee dual medium public primary school which opened its doors in January 2020. The school currently accommodates grade 1-5 learners across four classes per grade and will grow a grade each year until it reaches grade 7 in 2023. The school has partnered with Acorn Education (www.acorneducation.org.za) as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme - a public private partnership programme in the Western Cape.
SEEKING GRADE 3 EDUCATOR
CONTRACT POST 26 JULY 2021 – 30 NOVEMBER 2021
The School Governing Body of Apex Primary School invites applications from exceptional Grade 3 teachers with a track record of success leading through inspiration, strong character, superior relationship skills and a focus on fostering a collaborative school community. The school will champion a high expectations culture for both learners and staff to build a school of excellence. All educators will benefit from ongoing professional development and mentorship customised to your specific role and needs.
We seek to fill the following teaching post:
- English Language of Learning and Teaching (LOLT) Grade 3 Educator
- Minimum requirement is a REQV14 qualification (matric + four years’ qualification)
- At least 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Must be qualified and trained in the Foundation Phase
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)-proof of registration required
- Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission
- Exhibit a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every learner
- Have a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to school improvement and raising attainment
- A track record of leading successful learner interventions and improving learner outcomes
- A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
- Be open to innovative ideas and deviating from the status quo
- Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Collaboration Schools Programme
- Be fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Be computer literate and MS Office proficient
If you are passionate about education, transforming young learners’ lives while using innovative education strategies, then this is an opportunity for you!
Start date: Immediately
Contract & Benefits: This is a contract position with the School Governing Body of Apex Primary School. The successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful