Future Nation Schools (FNS)
~ Johannesburg, Gauteng ~
Future Nation Schools (FNS) Fleurhof school is in the south west region of Johannesburg in the Fleurhof residential area, within reach of Soweto, Florida, Johannesburg South, Lenasia, Roodepoort and Randburg.
FNS offers affordable and high-quality 21st century education for preschool, primary school and high school with a differentiated approach, enhanced National CAPS curriculum, Project-based Learning model and IEB examination in Grade 12.
Founded in 2016 by Sizwe Nxasana and Dr Judy Dlamini, Future Nation Schools are independent or private schools that aim to lead the African Excellence Revolution through relevant, futuristic, Africa-focused and technology-enabled education – preparing Africa’s youth for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Computing Internship Program – Senior and FET Phase
Purpose of the job of an Intern is to work alongside the classroom teacher/s or subject teacher to enhance the learning environment and program. He/she establishes an effective rapport with students and other staff members. He/she collaborates regularly with the other members of the team to plan integrated units and learning experiences to promote the educational needs of all students. The teaching partner should be familiar with all school procedures and with the school’s, Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Assist the subject Teacher in the phase allocated in class under the supervision of the class teacher
- Assisting in creating a learning environment where children develop their full potential and experience growth.
- Work as a proactive team member
- Identifies and works with students to support their needs on an individual and/or small group basis
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the school day
- Participates actively in collaborative lesson planning sessions
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with colleagues, students and parents
- Assists with the general preparation and organization of supplies and teaching materials
- Establish effective communication with colleagues, parents and students
- Participate in curriculum and staff development initiatives as required
- Assume the role of a class teacher in the absence of class teacher’s absence
- A recognized Bachelor’s Degree studying towards a PGCE qualification or 4th Year B. Ed part-time Students and a provisional certification (SACE)
- Competence in technology skills and willingness to learn more in this area
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Display enthusiasm, creativity and passion to teaching
- Flexible and collaborative – team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to learning new teaching approaches
Interns will receive a monthly stipend.
NB: Mark clearly the position you are applying for
The school reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application does not necessarily entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.