Herschel Girls School
~ Cape Town ~
~ Cape Town ~
Herschel Girls School, founded in 1922, situated in Claremont, Cape Town, is an inclusive independent Anglican school for girls from Pre-Nursery to Grade 12 which welcomes pupils and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Herschel is committed to transformation and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that gives preference, where appropriate in accordance with its Employment Equity Plan, to candidates from the designated groups. The School reserves the right not to make an appointment. Failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Please note no faxed applications will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Herschel Girls Preparatory School, due to the retirement of the present incumbent, seeks to appoint a
FOUNDATION PHASE TEACHER
to commence duties from January 2022
The successful applicant will:
• have a sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
• have a fundamentally future-orientated approach to teaching and learning with a sound knowledge of ICT and multi-media applications
• have experience or an understanding of teaching integrated or, inquiry-based learning
• have a commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• be a person of integrity, vision and energy with strong interpersonal skills
• have a highly collaborative approach, with unequivocal commitment to working as part of a team
• have an awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• be willing to promote an appropriate balance between academic, cultural and sporting aspects of school life
• have the ability to explore a rapidly changing educational landscape and being open to ongoing personal and professional development to support change
• have to hold at heart the school’s tagline of “learning to make a difference” for oneself and for the students in one’s care
• be expected to be supportive of the Christian Anglican ethos of the School
Herschel Girls School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.