Stanford Lake College
~ Haenertsburg, Limpopo ~
Stanford Lake College is a leading co-educational independent school in Magoebaskloof, Limpopo, providing a balanced, all-round, quality education, based on a Christian foundation.
Applicants from enthusiastic, innovative and suitably qualified backgrounds, who will support the above mission statement, are invited to apply for the following position:
Estate and Facilities Manager
The position will commence 1 March
The position is full-time and the successful candidate would report to the Bursar
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Thorough & constant supervision and management of a multi-disciplinary team of staff including performance management, coaching, mentoring, training, disciplinary matters, leave, etc.
- Supervision of sub-contractors and external service providers to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily.
- Responsible for general routine maintenance of buildings, grounds, fields, swimming pool and security (gates, remotes, CCTV, alarms and perimeter fence), equipment & tools. Responsible for ensuring that all deviations (lights, water, plumbing, aircons, etc.) are reported timeously
- Ensure compliance with all health & safety and environmental regulations and guidelines
- Close control of budget in conjunction with the Bursar
- Procurement of assets and consumables required for efficient running of the facilities department
- General handyman duties (ability to perform minor electrical, mechanical, plumbing or structural repairs him/herself)
- Ensuring facilities are prepared for all requirements and events. In particular, working with the Head of Sport regarding marking of field and preparing for all sport activities.
- From time to time overseeing building projects and renovations.
- Fleet management, including vehicle bookings, safety checks and service scheduling.
Key Competencies – the successful applicant is likely to possess the following key competencies:
- Be proficient in English and Afrikaans (a third language would be advantageous).
- the ability to be assertive but flexible and to pay attention to detail;
- a self-starter who can manage themselves and work independently;
- a strongly driven work ethic;
- excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, students and parents;
- good organisational and administrative skills;
Stanford Lake College is an equal opportunity employer. We reserve the right not to fill this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.