Vista Nova Primary School
~ Cape Town, Western Cape ~
Vista Nova School strives to maximize the unique potential of learners with cerebral palsy and other special needs through the provision of appropriate educational and therapeutic services.
Vista Nova, a centre of excellence in special needs education, wishes to appoint a Primary School educator in the Grade 4 class in a WCED contract position, effective 19 July 2022.
1. Recognised Intermediate phase teaching Qualification
2. Experience in Intermediate Phase (Grade 4-6) class teaching
3. Special needs qualification and/or experience of learners with special needs
4. Registered with SACE
1. Knowledge of the Grade 4 curriculum
2. Ability to teach English, Afrikaans, Mathematics, Life Skills, Social Sciences, Natural Science and Technology
3. Ability to design and implement an Individual Support Plan
4. Proven experience to adapt the curriculum
5. Good computer, communication and report writing skills
6. Good classroom management and organizational skills
7. Ability to manage discipline challenges within the classroom setting
8. Proven experience of leading a cultural/ sport activity as part of the extramural programme
The successful candidate must be adaptable, eager to learn, able to take initiative, able to work with a Multi-Disciplinary Team as well as be willing to work with learners with physical and learning barriers.
If you are not contacted by 20 July 2022, your application should be considered unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview.
Under the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came into effect on 1 July 2021, all organisations and schools alike have a legal obligation to manage the personal information it processes appropriately, by applying specific principles and conditions.
Our school is committed to ensuring the security and protection of your personal information and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.