Bergvliet High School
~ Cape Town, Western Cape ~
We offer quality, world class education in the shadows of the Constantia Mountains.
We are a co-ed hgh school with a 62 year track record of excellence. Situated in the leafy suburb of Bergvliet, we strive to provide each pupil with an excellent well rounded education.
Bergvliet High School is looking for an enthusiastic part-time Choir Director for the period February 2020 until November 2020.
- Music qualification with Choir experience.
- Experience in teaching with demonstrated excellence in the areas of conducting and choral music.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching Music across all grade levels.
- Applicants should be SACE registered or be able to show evidence that they have applied for registration OR have a CURRENT valid Police Clearance certificate.
- Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective learner management skills.
- Coordinate choral rehearsals and performances.
- Ensure the ongoing development of a thriving and exciting choral music program.
- Conduct the Choir.
- Successfully recruit and retain students in a choral programme.
- Participate in departmental activities and performances.
- Teach and work with persons of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Work with students and faculty in a High School environment.
- Nurture relationships with Primary schools Music Directors in the area.
BESIDES CHOIR, PLEASE STATE CLEARLY WHICH OTHER INSTRUMENTS YOU CAN OFFER.
CLOSING DATE: 17 November 2019
***FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SAQA CERTIFICATE***
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted by 6 December 2019, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.