Future Nation Schools (FNS)
~ Johannesburg, Gauteng ~
Future Nation Schools (FNS) Lyndhurst school is in the north of Johannesburg, within reach of Sandton, Linksfield, Edenvale, Alexandra, Lombardy East and West, Bramley, Kew, Highlands North, and Waverley.
FNS offers affordable and high-quality 21st century education for preschool, primary school and high school with a differentiated approach, enhanced National CAPS curriculum, Project-based Learning model and IEB examination in Grade 12.
Founded in 2017 by Sizwe Nxasana and Dr Judy Dlamini, Future Nation Schools are independent or private schools that aim to lead the African Excellence Revolution through relevant, futuristic, Africa-focused and technology-enabled education – preparing Africa’s youth for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Natural Science and Technology Teacher - Intermediate Phase (IEB)
- Raising the profile of Natural Science and Technology in the Intermediate Phase
- Ensure efficient use of resources, creativity and innovation in lesson development and implementation
- Ensure quality delivery of lessons and projects
- Contribute to school development as a member of the team
- Undertake duties as directed by the Head of School.
1) Quality of Teaching and Learning
- To provide excellent teaching.
- To support colleagues across the various subjects, and the school, to ensure excellent teaching delivery.
- To support staff in achieving excellence in their work.
- To deliver outstanding student outcomes and to support colleagues in achieving the same.
- To keep up to date with national developments in relevant subject and teaching practice and methodology.
- To advise senior colleagues on teaching and learning and to contribute to policy and practice across the school.
- To raise the quality of learning at the school.
2) Staff Development
- Work with and support and coach to junior colleagues and academic advisors as part of professional development where required
- To develop the capacity of colleagues to produce excellent teaching and learning resources.
- To design professional development activities
- To work with colleagues in other institutions as appropriate
3) General School Leadership Responsibilities
- Update the Head of School, other senior managers and the Governing Body on the effectiveness of the provision in your subject area
- Lead by example as a teacher achieving high standards of student attainment and progress, behavior and motivation through effective teaching
- Challenge any underperformance within the team and ensure corrective action
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree with a Post Graduate Certificate majoring in Natural Science and Technology
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching Natural Science and Technology in the Intermediate Phase
- IEB experience is essential
- SACE registered
- Ability to offer learning support in and out of classroom context
- Willing to extend self in professional development
- Clear criminal record
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post of level of responsibility entailed.
NB: Mark clearly the position you are applying for
The school reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application does not necessarily entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.