Merchiston Preparatory School
~ Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal ~
Merchiston Preparatory School, established in 1892 caters for boys from Grade RRR to Grade 7. Merchiston is steeped in tradition and embraces all the good that the past offered and also seeks to be a forerunner in what the future holds.
Head of Marketing
The School is looking to employ a creative, outgoing Head of Marketing to market the 5 sections of the school, namely: IMPS. Junior Primary, Senior Primary, Parkinson House Boarding Establishment and the school as a whole.
This position is available in Term 3, 2021
- A passion for creativity.
- Event organising - roadshows, exhibitions, golf days, end of year ceremonies, dinners, staff lunches, etc.
- Networking with existing parents.
- Social media planning and execution.
- Website updating - WordPress.
- Communication channel management - Whatsapp, D6, Social Media and Website.
- Ability to design in CANVA or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Creative writing for social media, website and adverts.
- Photographing the school environment, sports and other school events.
- Support other departments with creative needs - Boarding Establishment Parkinson House, Mudrat Shoppe, Blue Heart Foundation and educators.
- The ability to prioritize; multi-task and work under pressure within a school environment.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Manage the school's parent association - MAG.
- Suitable professional qualifications and appropriate educational experience.
- No criminal record – valid police clearance certificate.
- Drivers license.
Only suitable candidates will be considered. Submission of an application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.